HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY STATEMENt
The Directors and Management of DDC Engineering Solutions Limited regards the promotion of and continual improvement of Health and Safety performance as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
DDC Engineering Solutions Limited are committed to at least complying with all applicable legal and other requirements to which we subscribe.
It is the declared company policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury, ill health, damage to property and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards within the company’s control, including the public in so far as they come into contact with our activities.
It is the policy of the company to:
- Provide plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide for the safe storage, handling and transport of product, materials and equipment.
- Provide comprehensive information, instruction, training and supervision, ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of every employee.
- To maintain a safe and risk-free workplace and provide safe means of access to and egress from all workplace areas.
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment with appropriate welfare facilities.
- To undertake effective risk assessments and control risks by applying the agreed hierarchy of controls to support the elimination of hazards and reduce risks.
- To consult with our workforce and appointed representatives to assist in our decision-making process.
All employees are encouraged to contribute towards making work areas as safe as possible by continually appraising working practices and ensuring that the safest possible methods are adopted.
Employees also have a duty to co-operate in this objective:
- By working safely and efficiently.
- By using any equipment provided in a safe and efficient manner.
- By reporting any incidents or near misses that have led or may lead to injury or damage.
- By adhering to safe working practices / procedures to secure a safe place of work.
- By assisting in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses.
- By taking a positive attitude to accident prevention, being vigilant at all times to prevent any mishaps however trivial and bringing them to the attention of the management.
DDC Engineering Solutions Limited will comply with Health & Safety laws, regulations and other requirements relevant to our business. We will provide appropriate resources and closely monitor our business administration and site processes to ensure that the company’s operations and opportunities are effectively managed and risks mitigated in accordance with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 & BS ISO 45001.
This policy will be communicated to all staff and stakeholders together with interested parties i.e. sub-contractors that may be working on our behalf.
The Directors and management will review this policy and formulate QUENSH objectives during management reviews to ensure its integrity, effectiveness and compatibility with the context and strategic direction of the organisation.