We are seeking a GIS analyst to join our busy Engineering Team based at our Head Office in Wolverhampton.
The ideal candidate must be a strong team player and a highly motivated individual with a high-level of GIS, data analysis and mapping skills; and who is capable and confident in applying these technical skills to a wide range of engineering consultancy projects. The successful candidate will be reporting to the HE DDMS Project Lead, and will work closely with the team to refine their skills, broaden their knowledge and kickstart a successful, long-lasting career that grows with our business.
Key Skills and Experience;
- Experience of working within infrastructure or environment disciplines
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position and/or a degree or master’s qualification in GIS or a related field
- Proven knowledge in ESRI ArcGIS Pro, open source QGIS platforms and/or FME analysis software;
- ESRI ArcGIS Online / Portal for ArcGIS
- Experienced in the management of mobile data capture software such as ArcGIS Collector
- Sound understanding of core GIS concepts and principles;
- Experience of capturing, editing, analysing and high-quality presentation of GIS data
- Microsoft Access and Excel
- Microsoft Office 365
- Excellent communication with colleagues and upwards to senior management.
- Previous experience in successful data management, deriving insights and recommending actions.
- A team player who is willing to go the extra mile.
- Experience of programming in Python and/or SQL is desirable but not essential.
Why work for DDC;
As an employee of DDC you will be offered an excellent package which includes:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Company Pension
- 30 days paid holidays (including bank holidays)
- Room to grow and progress
- Team building
- An innovative and dynamic environment
- A comprehensive training programme that will equip you with the right knowledge and expertise to succeed
Here at DDC, we have an outstanding team of innovative and dynamic personnel, whom with passion and dedication, focus on delivering high quality survey and professional services.
We pride ourselves on our ‘can do attitude’ and working in close collaboration with our clients and employees, we problem solve to deliver positive solutions and achieve the best possible outcomes.
The DDC team comprises handpicked and dedicated multi-discipline specialists from many different paths which ensures that, not only do we have high academic achievers, we also have people with a vast life experience. Through these differences comes great respect and team working. Our dedication sets us apart from the rest.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. We organically grow our staff, we want to strategically stretch people to ensure they are able to progress their career.
How to apply?
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org